Entrevista con Dom; New Straits Times (Malasia) semidetached semidetached

Desconectado deborah X

Entrevista con Dom; New Straits Times (Malasia)
« en: Vie, 23 de Feb del 2007, a las 19:18:56 »
Cover Story: Muse to cast spell on KL
23 Feb 2007
SHANNON TEOH

At long last, Muse in KL. SHANNON TEOH grills drummer Dominic Howard who is looking forward to a new audience.

MUSE take centre stage at the Istora Gelora Bung Karno, Jakarta tonight as they return to their seemingly never-ending tour in support of electrocuted and gargantuan album, Black Holes & Revelations.

But it is Sunday that Muse fans all over Malaysia have marked down on their calendars. That’s when they’ll descend onto Stadium Negara, Kuala Lumpur for the weeks ago sold-out concert where the English rock heroes will finally appear on our shores after a decade of progressive and dramatic rock albums.

-----

Simultaneously placating and whetting appetites, Dominic Howard agreed to a short phone interview with Life & Times. Here are the choice excerpts from a candid Dominic.

- How they started

“When we were about 14 at school, we were all in different bands. My guitarist was kinda rubbish and I knew Matt (-hew Bellamy, Muse frontman) was pretty good, so we got him in. Two years later, Matt and me wanted to start doing original material which the other guys didn’t want to do and we wanted to find someone else who had the same level of thinking and passion and that was Chris (-topher Wolstenholme, bassist). The other guys split and we ended up being the only three members who gave a s**t.”

- Breaking into America

“There were all sorts of issues back in those days. You had more acoustic-based stuff in the UK that was considered rock and in America you just had like, metal, like Limp Bizkit or something. A lot of times America didn’t really understand what we were doing. Fortunately we got out of that whole situation with the label, cause you know, they didn’t think Plug In Baby was a single.”

- On Black Holes & Revelations

“Of course we’re not trying to scare people or enforce any kind of ideals on people. The kind of subject matters that we sing about really comes from how you feel about what’s going on around you, different experiences, people you meet, how you feel about what’s happening in the world. I think this album has been a mix of different emotions. Some kinda more simple heartfelt emotions like missing people or being in love and some slightly more sceptical opinions about humanity destroying the earth.

“I feel that we’re always in transition. Every album has felt like a huge step forward so far. And I think each album has had a few songs that are drastically different musically to anything we’ve done before and they could almost be seen as bridges to what we might do in the future. If you feel like you’re really doing something new and accomplishing something you’ve never done before, that’s really exciting.”

- On the two Brit awards for Best Live Act and also the same accolade from top British music mag, Q

“We got in a band initially to play live and it was very exciting to get in front of people and perform. It’s something we’ve really grown into, something we really care a lot about and have a lot of focus on. We put in a lot of effort into our own performance and the stage and visual aspects of the show. I think partly, I always get very gutted if I go see a band and they look like they’re not having a good time or you can tell that they don’t really care about it and it really gives you a s**t vibe, and it pisses me off. Not that I want to hear a recreation of the album but you want to feel something, you know? I think experiences like this have inspired us to make sure that what we do live is a different experience, something that really connects to the audience and makes the whole thing kinda reciprocal.

“Yeah, we’ve been playing since last May. I dunno when this is going to end, I think we’re going back to Australia in September. I think probably towards Autumn, we’ll be wrapping it up. It depends, cause there’s so many places to play and so long as we’re kinda mentally stable and physically able, we’ll play some more. But also the process of writing new music and being creative again happens quite naturally. When that starts happening we’ll stop.”

- Greatest moment being part of Muse

“Certainly headlining Reading festival last year was a big one. It was the first festival we went together when we were 16, just as Muse had started. We all remember watching Rage Against the Machine who were headlining it that year. And it was kinda like 10 years ago to the day that we were watching Rage Against the Machine, kinda thinking to ourselves that maybe one day we’d play that stage and maybe even headline that stage and 10 years later we did. So that was kinda like a real magical moment. I think on stage we all kinda felt it as well and remembered what it felt like to be out in the crowd looking up at the stage thinking, f***ing hell, one day we’re gonna do it.”

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Friday/Features/20070223085403/Article/index_html

IAMTerrified

Desconectado Beibi

• Administrando muserismo con arte 2012
  • You’ve been...a very...very...naughty little girl
Re: Entrevista con Dom; New Straits Times (Malasia)
« Respuesta #1 en: Vie, 23 de Feb del 2007, a las 22:30:32 »
Jo, que profundo eso reading  :laugh:

gracias por al entrevista como siempre ^^

Desconectado Geles

« Respuesta #2 en: ſáb, 24 de Feb del 2007, a las 20:33:11 »

Desconectado deborah X

« Respuesta #3 en: ſáb, 24 de Feb del 2007, a las 20:42:33 »
eres grande  :laugh:

P.D.- visitad también la NUEVA sección de Artículos  :grin
IAMTerrified

Desconectado Geles

« Respuesta #4 en: ſáb, 24 de Feb del 2007, a las 21:54:40 »
Tú sí que eres grande  :laugh:

La traducción es bastante literal, así que donde digo "mierda", es que es "mierda" xD (bueno, casi siempre), ese es el espíritu del Dominico, juas...

Mi guitarrista era un poco mierdoso, y sabía que Matt era bastante bueno

Siempre me llevo un chasco si voy a ver a una banda y parece que no se lo están pasando bien, o si claramente puedes decir que no les importa nada y te transmiten una mierda, y me cabrea.
« última modificación: ſáb, 24 de Feb del 2007, a las 21:57:10 por frikimuza »

Desconectado Beibi

• Administrando muserismo con arte 2012
  • You’ve been...a very...very...naughty little girl
« Respuesta #5 en: ſáb, 24 de Feb del 2007, a las 21:59:39 »
Dom, hay más adjetivos en el mundo del lenguaje  :laugh:

Gracias por la traducción como siempre, geles  ^^

Desconectado *Akasha*

• Haz el bodywar y no la war xD
« Respuesta #6 en: Dom, 25 de Feb del 2007, a las 14:05:43 »
De mayor contratare a Geles como mi traductora personal xDDDD un sobresueldo xD

Si bueno, quien sabe igual le gustan esos adjetivos más que otros xD

TinyPortal © 2005-2012